Let your retiring coworker, friend or family member know how happy you are for them with a retirement card. Below you will find 50 example retirement card messages and access to a completely free printable card.
What to Say on Retirement Card
If you want to keep it simple
Examples of what to say on retirement cards
- Congratulations on your retirement.
- Wishing you the best in retirement.
- Congratulations on an impressive career and best wishes in your retirement.
- Wishing you happiness in retirement.
- Happy retirement!
- Wishing you a long, happy and healthy retirement.
- Best wishes on your next chapter in life.
- Wishing you lots of joyous time with your family and friends .
- Best of luck in your new adventures.
- May you live your best life from here on out.
If you want to add some humor
Examples of funny things to write on a retirement card
- Now every day can be the weekend!
- Goodbye meetings and spreadsheets and hello early bird specials!
- You’re free!
- Have fun spending your life savings.
- Congratulations on beating me to retirement. Don’t worry, we can still be friends.
- Goodbye tension, hello pension!
- Now you can become the master of doing nothing.
- What do you call a person who is happy on Monday? Retired!
- Why do retirees smile all the time? Because they can’t hear a word that you are saying.
- Good luck with your new boss.
For a Coworker
Examples of what to say in retirement card for coworker
- It’s been a pleasure working with you. Congratulations on your retirement.
- Wishing you a relaxing retirement. Don’t think about this place too much.
- Having you as a coworker has been a gift. You will be missed.
- Thank you for being a great coworker and friend.
- You are one of a kind and not easily replaced. Wishing you the best in retirement.
- Your hard work and dedication to the company may never be matched. Enjoy your retirement. You’ve earned it.
- You’ve changed the company for the better in so many ways.
- Wishing you an amazing retirement but don’t forget about us. Keep in touch.
- The office won’t be the same without you.
- We wouldn’t be where we are today without you. Thank you for everything and enjoy your well deserved retirement.
For a friend
Examples of what to write on retirement card for friend
- I’m so excited that you are retired. Now we can spend more time together.
- Let’s get together and celebrate this amazing milestone in your life.
- Cheers to retirement my friend.
- It’s time to relax. I wish you the best retirement. You’ve earned it.
- May all the years ahead bring you relaxation and joy.
- Welcome to retirement where everyday is the weekend.
- Enjoy your senior discount.
- Now the fun begins. Happy retirement friend.
- I hope that you enjoy every minute of retirement.
- Wishing you all the happiness that retirement can bring.
For a family member
Examples of what to write on retirement card for family member
- You’ve always been such an inspiration. I hope that you have a wonderful retirement.
- I’m so proud of all that you’ve achieved in your career.
- It’s great to see someone as deserving as you retire.
- You’ve reached the finish line. I’m so proud of you and hope that you enjoy your retirement to the fullest.
- You’ve had such a long and successful career. Wishing you an enjoyable retirement.
- May this next chapter in life bring you all of the time to do everything that you love.
- Wishing you endless days of relaxation and fun.
- You’ve finally retired! Now you can do everything that you love.
- Wishing you a healthy, long and wealthy retirement.
- Looking forward to spending more time with you now that you are retired.
Free printable retirement card
I created this cute hummingbird retirement card that you can download for free. I think it would make a good graduation card as well.
How to download the retirement card
Enter your name and email in the box below and we’ll send this free printable retirement card straight to your inbox!
This card is for personal use only. You can print as many as you want to give to your loved ones but under no circumstances should you resell or distribute the file as your own design
You can print the card on standard 8.5″ x 11″ paper or cardstock. It will print with two cards on the page so you’ll need to cut the sheet in half after you print and then fold the two cards down the center.
The link below is an affiliate link, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The cards print on a standard 8.5″ x 11″ sheet of paper with two cards per sheet. You’ll just need to cut the card sheet down the center and then fold the cards in half. I would recommend using a cardstock to give the card some weight.
When printed on 8.5″ x 11″ cardstock, each card will be 4.25″ x 5.5″. This is the perfect size to fit in standard A2 envelopes!
More free printable cards
- Housewarming card
- Birthday card
- Anniversary card
- Mother’s Day card
- Father’s Day card
- Christmas card
- Easter card
- Card for any occasion